Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-11 > 1067839838

From: Jeanne Nelson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Netscape Composer
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:10:38 -0800 (PST)

Many thanks, Dan and Ian, for helping me get back my
Composer. :o)

Now that I'm back in business, I'm trying to set up a
site with image map links to other pages. If you go to
you will see that by clicking on the first four boxes
in the upper left-hand corner of the ancestry chart,
you will be taken to other pages. However, on the
fourth box from the left, that for Anne Pedersdatter,
you will be taken to a page that says that this page
cannot be found. I have figured out that the problem
is that in my code I am referring you to
anne_pedersdatter.html, but the page is actually
anne_pedersdatter.htm. I realize that I can change my
code from .html to .htm, but I am mystified as to how
I got that .htm extension in the first place.

I have opened the page several times in Composer and
clicked on "Save as" => anne_pedersdater.html, but it
still comes out as .htm. I went to Windows Explorer to
try to change the file name from there, but I am new
to Windows-XP and there doesn't seem to be any way I
can change the extension in this new Windows
Explorer--just the name of the file. Does anyone have
any ideas as to why this extension name is different
from the rest and what I can do to change it back?
Many thanks.

Best regards,
Jeanne Nelson

> From: Dan Ratliff <>
> Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Netscape Composer
> Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:05:52 -0800 (PST)

> The Composer should still be there, depending on
what version you got.
> I had problems with Netscape 7 though, and skipped
on ahead to Mozilla
> (which is what Netscape is built from now).

> Dan

Do you Yahoo!?