Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-11 > 1067865065

From: Kevin Reddigan <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Netscape Composer
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:11:05 -0500 (EST)

It sounds to me that the file extension doesn't change
because you are not actually making any changes to the
page when you open it in Composer. Give this a try.
When you open the page in Composer, make some actual
changes (eg. misspell a word) and then save the page.
Open the page again, correct the misspelling, and save
the page again. Check to see if this updates the file
extension.

If that doesn't work, you could open the file in
WordPad and do a Save As specifing the file name with
the .html extension instead of the .htm extension. I
know this works, since I use it quite often.

I am not familiar with Windows Explorer XP but surely
there must be a way to change the extension. Have you
tried typing the file name AND extension when it
requests the file name?

Kevin
--- Jeanne Nelson <>
wrote: > Many thanks, Dan and Ian, for helping me get
back my

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bruce/olsen-eye/