Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-11 > 1067955970

Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Adobe Acrobat...?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:26:10 EST

writes:

> am receiving Adobe Acrobat documents. I have the reader installed on my
> computer, so I can look at them, but I can't put them online (Not a
> supported format at Rootsweb, I imagine--which is not a complaint, as I
> LOVE Rootsweb) and I can't seem to save them in any other format (I'm not
> all that computer-literate, so if there is a way to do so and then upload
> them tot he site, I'd love to know it!).

With the Adobe document open press Ctrl A (this will select all of the
document) then press Ctrl C (this will copy the selection) open a Word document and
paste the info into that.

From your Word document copy any images and paste them into an image
manipulation programme from which you can then save them as jpg or gif images. Copy
and paste any text into Notepad, etc. ready to adapt into html.

Hope this helps

Alwyn

This thread: