Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-12 > 1071064233

From: "Hugh Watkins" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Help Please...problems accessing my webpage
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:50:40 +0000

> The link I am having a problem with is:
> When I use this link I get a message stating:
> "Check Back Soon. We're sorry but this area of is
> temporarily
> unavailable"
> At first I thought that rootsweb was down for maintenance, but then I
> discovered that when I added "index.html" at the end I can access my
> webpage.
> I can access at
> I have not had this problem until very recently, and have not changed
> anything so I don't know what the problem is. Until now, I was able to
> access with
> the first link without any problems.
> I would appreciate if someone could tell me what may have happened.
> The only other alternative I can think of is to change my "HOME"
> address on
> all of my pages so that I can link back to the home page, but I would
> like an
> explanation so that I can understand what changed or what I did wrong.

works for me

advice to beginners said every folder MUST have an /index.html page to
stop users having a folder view

like this

Mike Jon is an excellent genealogist but he must have overlooked that

parent directory is

if he called it

it would close the folderr to casual imspection
WEB TIP: Always name your 'homepage' index.html.

OK MIke BCC to you

I have only just learnt this

Hugh W

Danish genealogy - dansk genealogi