Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-12 > 1071066194

From: "Adrian Furniss" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Help Please...problems accessing my webpage
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:23:14 -0000

Whoops, finger trouble ....

The last line of that last email should read :
> .... of nested <.BIG>s should never ......

I just tried nested <.BIG>s out in IE 6, NN 7 and Opera 5. All behave
exactly as expected. Mozilla Firebird must be rendering not in accordance
with the HTML 4 spec.

You only need one browser to show a problem (even if it is only Mozilla, as
Jim has discovered), and you should be looking for a better way to control
font size. e.g.

<.FONT size=7>My Text<./FONT>

or, for a heading

<H1>My Level 1 Heading</H1>
<H2>My Level 2 Heading</H2>
<H3>My Level 3 Heading</H3>
<H4>My Level 4 Heading</H4>
<H5>My Level 5 Heading</H5>
<H6>My Level 6 Heading</H6>

This last method ("proper" headings) is preferred as it gives you the
opportunity to adjust their size, colour etc. in a style sheet.

e.g.

<.STYLE>
H1{font-size:18pt; color:#e0e0e0; margin-top:15px; margin-bottom:10px;
background-color:#336633; text-align:center;}
H2{font-size:15pt; color:#336633; margin-top:12px; margin-bottom:10px;
background-color:#e0e0e0; text-align:center;}
H3{font-size:13.5pt; color:#336633; margin-top:12px; margin-bottom:10px;
text-align:left;}
H4{color:#336633;}
H5{color:#336633;}
H6{color:#336633;}