Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2003-12 > 1071099851

Subject: [FreeHelp] Viewing webpages on different browsers & font sizes
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:44:21 -0800

Hugh, it really is better to have *all* useful tools at your command.
I find Mozilla to be really useful, with its built-in popup stopper,
and built-in Google search.

Also, one can always change the display font, unless the webmaster
used absolute coding. Simply use <control>- or <control>+ to make the
fonts appear larger or smaller. I believe that IE has similar
controls up in the View menu.

When you put up a new page, it's nice to check out its appearance at
some different screen resolutions, and some different browsers. The
best pages can be easily viewed by the greatest number of possible
visitors.

Valorie

On 10 Dec 2003 at 14:11, Hugh Watkins wrote:

> Jim Church wrote:
>
> > Using Mozilla Firebird I can't even read it. IE will
> > correct your errors and view the page but other browsers display it
> > exactly
> > as you have it coded and I would estimate it to be about 3 or 4 pages
> > wide.
> > I downloaded your page and took out all but two of the <big> commands and
> > it looks good. So take the commands out and make your page viewable.
>
> which is why I dropped mozilla
>
> my computer MUST be a tool
> not a plaything

This thread: