Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2004-02 > 1077330955

From: Valerie <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Web site statistics
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:35:55 -0500

Hi,
I'd like to try my question again: does RootsWeb offer any kind of
statistics about the Web site(s) we have hosted there? A good example of
the kind of Web stats I'm referring to can be found on the City of
Montpelier's Web site at <http://montpelier-vt.org/stats/>;. They can tell
all kinds of things, such as which pages are visited most often, what
browsers most visitors are using, from what pages people found your site,
how many unique visitors there were, and much more. If RootsWeb doesn't
offer Web stats, is there any advice about whether sites offering free Web
stats, such as <http://www3.addfreestats.com/index.html>;, which I found
from the required link from someone else's page, are reputable and
harmless? I don't want to sign on to one of those sites and then find I've
exposed all visitors to endless spams or worse. Thanks!
--Valerie
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~capels/

This thread: