Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2004-05 > 1083540654

From: Elsi <>
Subject: Re: :[FreeHelp] coding question
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 18:31:37 -0500

At 11:22 AM 5/2/2004 -0400, wrote:
>Thanks to a very efficient friend we have the code.
>Sharon
>
>Here is the code. It is in Java script.

>Script: Basic No-Right-Click Script
>Functions: Blocks right-click on mouse and shows alert box
>Browsers: NS & IE 4.0 & later; degrades gracefully
>Author: etLux

Tell you what -- you put this stuff up on your page & announce its
location. The rest of us will have a contest to see how quickly we can
download your pictures and post them on our own site just to demonstrate
that this doesn't work to stop downloading of your images.

What it *DOES* do is disable the right click menu. Unfortunately, there's
a bunch of *useful* options on the right click menu such as "open in a new
window".

The moral here is that if you annoy your visitors, they'll be unlikely to
return. If you provide useful information in a friendly manner, your site
will become known as a good place to visit.

Dare I ask why you are planning to post pictures that someone else has the
resale rights to?

Regards,
Elsi

This thread: