Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2004-09 > 1095634339

From: Chuck Wolfram <>
Subject: Re: How to get started
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:52:23 -0700 (PDT)

Diane at wrote:

> I am a newbie and need help! I want to post to my
> pages, but don't know html
> and need something that is quick and easy. Does
> anyone have a suggestion?

First, learn how to write HTML. Don't be afried. it's
easy. Trust me. You'll probably pick it up quickly.
There are two web-sites you should look at first; take
the lessons on their web-sites. That will teach you
the basics. I learned html at:
<http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/index.html>;
and an index to all the html lessons at that site is
at:
<http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/quik-index.html>;

also go to Dave's Interactive Tutorial at
<http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/>;
once you've mastered his html tutorial, I would
suggest that you learn css; he has a tutorial for
that, and css will save you a lot of time and give you
added options.

As to a html editor, here are two free editors:
Netscape Composer comes with Netscape Navigator, and
both are free--the Composer will write the code for
you; and the one I use: Arachnophilia, which can be
found at <http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/>;
You do have to know html code to use Arachnophilia,
but after taking those tutorials, you will know how to
code it.<vbg> Actually Arachnopilia is "careware",
his webpage used to say (I don't see it now) it means
you are to enjoy it, have a nice day, and help others
as you can.

Chuck Wolfram

This thread: