Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2004-10 > 1097177509

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V04 #301
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:31:49 +1300

Hi Laurie

Before you save your files to CD, I suggest you remove all the
<./BODY><./HTML> tags that are in your code starting with the one at the end
of the email address line below your photo. There are many more below.
That is the reason the advertising banner is being inserted at that point.
All these extra tags seem to be associated with links as they follow an end
of link tag <./a> and were probably accidentally copied when making new
links.

At the bottom of your page insert the <.BODY><./HTML> tags and save your
file again. Before you do any of the aforesaid, I suggest you save your
index.html file under another name such as index.txt, so that in event of an
editing error you can restore all your work.

There is nothing special about saving your web page files. Just select the
directory in which you have your web page files and copy it to CD or Drive
D: - follow the prompts. You wont loose any data.

Barry Carlson
New Plymouth, NZ

View the BRISTOWE web pages at:-

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bristowe/