Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2004-10 > 1097244725

Subject: Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V04 #301
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:12:05 +0000

Ken: The beauty of the web is it's ability to accept material from all platforms. The downside of that is the loss of control. Whatever pages you build should be flexible enough to flow the text at any resolution, page width, etc. About the only way you can actually control what a person sees on-screen is to convert your files to .pdf [Portable Document Format, Adobe Systems, <adobe.com/reader> a free reader] and upload those. I'm not sure Rootsweb will allow those. You can embed fonts, photos, etc.

A reasonable alternative is a table set at percentage rather than fixed width.

Blessings,
Sherman