Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-01 > 1104792085

From: Elsi <>
Subject: RE: [FreeHelp] Content of pages
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:43:17 -0600

At 02:22 PM 1/3/2005 -0800, MIKE ALLEN wrote:
>Maybe the way I should have phrased my question is more like: Whats the
>purpose of the additional communities (Military, Alumni, Family, etc.....)
>if we can't use them for anything but genealogy, because so far, most
>replies are going soley in the direction of genealogy. I have my
>genealogy pages already but wanted to make use of the other communities as
>well.

Let me give some examples of how other communities might be used:

Suppose your genealogy_html directory is used to store information related
to genealogical records derived from church records in north-western
Alabama. You might choose to put your personal genealogy in
family_html. Within the military_html directory, you might create a site
centering around Civil War units, veterans, and home guard.

In fact, some of the biggest and most extensive sites on FreePages are in
directories other than genealogy_html.

Regards,
Elsi

This thread: