Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-01 > 1104799138

From: Elsi <>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [FreeHelp] Content of pages
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:40:39 -0600

At 03:11 PM 1/3/2005 -0800, John wrote:
>This whole discussion is unintelligable. The only downloading of interest
>to Rootsweb is what is downloaded from Rootsweb, not that from another site
>to peoples' computers. Putting a tiny version of a picture at Rootsweb
>referring to a larger one elsewhere is surely a darn good way to save space
>on Rootsweb.

John:

If you'll look at the URL that highlandgranny gave, it *is* on RootsWeb,
just not on the FreePages server. Which is why I took the time to give a
very simple explanation that there are differences.

And yes, a thumbnail linking to a larger image hosted on another server is
an excellent idea for pictures which might not fall into the 'genealogy'
category.

Regards,
Elsi