Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-05 > 1117333486

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Re: Sample page with 1 inch margins problem
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:24:46 +1200

Hi Tom

You aren't going mad.

Have been checking other pages and the same is happening. As you have
rightly pointed out, the Discover Your Ancestors banner is not the culprit,
but the other two are.

Having had a look at the f1 script, it appears to be making a random call to
another url for the banner image which is then followed by a document.write
statement. The f2 script is to cater for some browsers that don't handle the
code the same way as IE. Finally, the f3 script detemines the class of
banner and arranges the position accordingly.

The centered script - OAS_AD('Top') - is just the html placement code.

It's the first time I have ever had occasion to have a look at the banner
script, so hope I have sorted out how it is all working for you.

The problem is with the banner.

Regards
Barry