Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-05 > 1117350109

From: johnSteve <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] OT ? HTML help - Controlling vertical spacing between lines?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 01:01:49 -0600

On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:32:07 +1200, you wrote:

>I give up, I cannot think of what the right words would be to search for to
>find how to control line spacing between lines.
>
>I can see that <p> gives me more distance between lines than <br> does
>But how do you fine tune this?
>
>I'm trying to convert my web site to style sheets so things are consistent
>and taking the opportunity to rethink several bits.

you can use style to adjust top and bottom margins of every element
such as headings, paragraphs, divs
e.g.

p {
margin-top:0em;
margin-bottom:0.5em;
}
to decrease spacing by half between paragraphs

also some fonts are bigger than others and so consequently have more
space between their lines

verdana for example is a "large" font

keep on stylin
johnSteve