Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-05 > 1117376876

From: "B.G. Wiehle" <>
Subject: Re: OT ? HTML help - Controlling vertical spacing between lines?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:27:56 -0400

You are right -- style statements are the way to modify spacing (and many
other other things). You didn't say, though, what you wanted to change --
less spacing between paragraphs or more spacing between lines within
paragraphs.

Spacing between elements (paragraphs, tables, images) can be controlled
with "margin" (margin-left, -right, -bottom, -top). Spacing within text
elements (paragraphs, table cells, lists) can be controlled with "line
height".

Since you've already started into CSS, you hopefully have done your
homework on the basics. I like http://www.w3schools.com/ for both the
reference pages (what values go with which properties) and for the
tutorials/examples (that let you modify style statements and see the
result).

B.G. Wiehle

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bgwiehle/