Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-07 > 1121120378

From: Sharon <>
Subject: Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V05 #215
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:19:38 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you to all who, gave suggestions--Will try them. Thanks again

Sharon

wrote:

Freepages-Help-D Digest Volume 05 : Issue 215

Today's Topics:
#1 Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V05 #2 ["Hugo Alloa" #2 Is it possible to copy & paste a p [Sharon (by wa]
#3 RE: [FreeHelp] Is it possible to c ["Allen Washington"
#4 RE: [FreeHelp] Is it possible to c ["Michael Hymer" ]

Administrivia:
UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS -- UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS

To unsubscribe from this list send only the word UNSUBSCRIBE to:

mailto:

You must use the SAME ADDRESS to unsubscribe that you used to
request your Freepages account!!

To contact the Freepages-Help-D list administrator, send mail to
.

______________________________Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:33:09 -0300
From: "Hugo Alloa" <>
Subject: Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V05 #214

Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:01 PM
Subject: Freepages-Help-D Digest V05 #214

______________________________Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:45:17 -0400
From: Sharon <> (by way of Pat Asher <>)
Subject: Is it possible to copy & paste a page---without the HTML?

I am new to the free pages and all I want to do is post Family Tree's-via
copy & paste----I no nothing about HTML. Is it possible for me to do this.
I tried several times yesterday with no luck. About ready to give up. Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Sharon Lee GARNER Lee

Works in progress:

http://groups.msn.com/SharonsGenealogyPages

http://groups.msn.com/MyObitProject

- -------------------------------

______________________________Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:54:39 -0400
From: "Allen Washington" <>

There are applications that will convert GEDCOM files to HTML pages. I
use and recommend GedHTree http://www.gedhtree.com/

If you're publishing to your personal site, it'll be beautiful. If you
intend to publish to Rootsweb Freepages, get more opinions because it
may violate RootsWeb's rule about posting the GEDCOM on freepages. It
is however GEDCOM data in a pretty presentation.

Allen

______________________________Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:38:19 -0400
From: "Michael Hymer" <>

If you're converting gedcom into html, it just becomes web pages. No problem
there.
I haven't used the upload manager/wizard - whatever, but I'm pretty sure it
can
create html around your data. Give it a shot:
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/fileman/file_manager.cgi

MichaelH

There are applications that will convert GEDCOM files to HTML pages. I use
and recommend GedHTree http://www.gedhtree.com/

If you're publishing to your personal site, it'll be beautiful. If you
intend to publish to Rootsweb Freepages, get more opinions because it may
violate RootsWeb's rule about posting the GEDCOM on freepages. It is
however GEDCOM data in a pretty presentation.

Allen

To submit your GEDCOM, visit WorldConnect at:

Click "Start Here" to create your account and submit or update your GEDCOM

Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million records added in the last
12 months. Largest online collection in the world. Learn more:
http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

Works in progress:

http://groups.msn.com/SharonsGenealogyPages

http://groups.msn.com/MyObitProject