Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-09 > 1125708957

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] PDF files
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:55:57 -0400

At 05:34 AM 9/2/2005, randy hanna wrote:

>Hi
>
>I was just wondering how come pdf files are not allowed since I have a few
>files myself that I was thinking about putting on my web pages?
>
>Also is there a place where I can submit my web site to search engines?

PDF files are not allowed at Freepages because they do not display the
advertising banners that help pay for your free space :)

The major search engines spider RootsWeb Freepages, and will pick up your
site automatically. Search engines such as Google and Alta Vista have
links you can use to "submit" your site for spidering -- but I'm not sure
that speeds up the process.

Pat

This thread: