Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-09 > 1125803779

From: "Michael Hymer" <>
Subject: RE: [FreeHelp] PDF files
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:16:19 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald D Bauerle [mailto:]
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 11:56 PM

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:55:57 -0400 Pat Asher <> writes:

> PDF files are not allowed at Freepages because they do not display
> the advertising banners that help pay for your free space :)

I hate to keep being a jerk about this, but neither do text and JPG/GIF
files, yet those are OK... If all of the files are linked from an HTML
page (with the ads), what's the big deal? If the issue is needing
a separate plug-in to view PDF, fine, but please say so :^)

Ron

******The solution:
Convert the PDFs to text and insert into an HTML file.
Why is that such a big issue?

MH

This thread: