Freepages-Help-L ArchivesArchiver > Freepages-Help > 2005-10 > 1129458596
From: Rod Dav4is <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] How do I make this?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 06:29:56 -0400
That person did it with an elaborate JS function, but I have had
success with just these two simple mouse events. The key is that there
are two images, one displayed by default (the 1x1 transparent pixel.gif)
and the other which is presented only while the mouse hovers over it.
<.IMG SRC="pixel.gif" width=80 height=42
1. Watch your case. The JS event names are CaseSensitive.
2. The height and width are essential to make the two images present
at the same size. Otherwise, the result is unstable w/r/t mouse
3. When you get it working, you will probably want to add "border=0"
to the /IMG/.
4. To get precisely the effect of the example you mentioned, you will
need an image that includes the "leader dots" to the left and a
"thumbnail" to the right. Use an image editor to construct this.
5. The two images (pixel and smusa) can be grabbed from my site:
wrote in part:
>I spotted this page (not mine) at
>I like how this person did a rollover(??) on links to use a picture link.
Regards, Rod Dav4is / P.O. Box 118 / Hyde Park, NY 12538 / USA
Genealogy, et Cetera: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~dav4is/ 420 ancestral & collateral families,
mostly 17th - 19th century New England & European roots, total population: 100,000+
"Life goes on, having nowhere else to go." D. Ackerman
|Re: [FreeHelp] How do I make this? by Rod Dav4is <>|