Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-02 > 1140908849

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] BIG question
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:07:29 -0500

At 05:14 PM 2/25/2006, you wrote:
>Howdy - before I requested a free web page account, someone told me that it
>would be easy to create one. Recently, after asking for one with the name =
>statesarchives - I received confirmation and that's just great. The email to
>me about the announcement gave me a password. The problem I'm having,
>being so
>new to the process is, I don't know where to go to use the password -
>can't find
>a log-in link - nor to I see any method for help in designing the
>pages. Like I
>said, I'm really new to the whole process, and it's a bit intimidating.
>
>If you could just give me some pointers that tell me to do this first, then
>this, then that - I'd be most grateful.

Hi David,

Your Welcome letter from Freepages included several links for getting
started, i.e.
File Manager for uploading and/or editing files:
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/fileman/
and
Freepages Help Pages: http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/FAQ/fpindex.html

In addition, there are a variety of help pages created by users. My
"Basics" include links to many of them:
http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~pasher/

Pat

This thread: