Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-06 > 1149551536

From: Elsi <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] fphover.class files ??????
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:52:16 -0500

These are Java programs supplied with FrontPage. The get downloaded
to the browser to allow some kind of special "hover" behaviour in your
"design". These files *must* be uploaded using a binary file transfer
or they are corrupted. I'll have to do some checking to see if the
.class file type is somehow restricted on the FreePages server. I
didn't think that they were, but that possibiity exists.

Regards,
Elsi

On 6/5/06, Alison C. Wallner <> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After struggling with uploading my website, I finally tried not publishing 2 files that I could not identify:
>
> fphover.class
> fphoverx.class
>
> I think these must be files Frontpage created, because they are not mine :) My website then published like a dream!
>
> My questions are: What are these files? And do I need to try to upload them? What happens if I delete them entirely?
>
> My website looks fine, I don't see any obvious problem that may be caused by the lack of these files.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alison Wallner

This thread: