Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-06 > 1150969713

From: "Wendy Howard" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Counters
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:48:33 +1200

Hi Barb,

> I have registered for a counter for my web page and now that I've been given
> the code what do I do with it? Instructions say copy and paste the code into
> the source code of my web site. Were do I find the source code?

It's been a couple of days since you posted this, and I haven't seen any
replies. Are you still looking for help?

I'm no expert - far from it - but a question springs to my mind - what software
are you using to create and edit your pages? I am using FrontPage, and when I
have a web page open in it, there are three tabs at the bottom left of the
screen: "Normal", "HTML" and "Preview". It's the "HTML" one where you can see
the source code and edit it. I expect whatever software you're using, there
will be a similar option for accessing the source code somewhere.

If you are still looking for assistance, could you post here what software
you're using and a link to your pages (as I have done with mine below), so that
someone who knows what they're talking about can help you?

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
Kaiwaka, New Zealand
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wendyh65/