Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-07 > 1153934253

From: johnSteve <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V06 #176
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:17:33 -0600

If you dont want to turn on the borders of all the cells in excel, or
have the bloated code excel uploads:

then I would suggest converting the excel file to pdf with Adobe
Acrobat.

Acrobat is is expensive though and I dont know about some of the plug
ins that are available to do this. (I believe there have been previous
discussions on them)

If you only have a few pages to do, find someone with Acrobat to
convert the files for you, then you can upload them.

acrobat files are much smaller and that is what Acrobat is for,
converting information presentation into a universal format. They do
it very well.

the other option of course is an HTML table. That is what tables are
for, and once you do one you have the template for all the others, and
it is just a matter of entering the data. Tables are simple, easy, but
time consuming compared to having Excel upload a spreadsheet. But a
nice one can be done in a few evenings.

johnSteve

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:14:45 +0800, you wrote:

> This may seem a silly question, but is it possible to upload an
> excell
> spreedsheet without loosing drawn lines?
> Juliet
>
> Excel has a <Save As HTML> option under the File Menu. It produces a
> page that is of XML standard with absolute positioning of all
> objects. It is however very bloated coding and will be slow to
> download over standard modems. Whatever prints on a printed sheet
> will show on screen so you will not see the lines around cells as
> they appear on screen while editing in Excel, but cells with borders
> set will show as borders.
>
> Don.

This thread: