Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-08 > 1155964215

From: Ronald D Bauerle <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] email links and spam
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 00:25:51 -0700

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:53:43 -0500 "Jenny M. Calvin" <>
writes:

>I know that WorldConnect puts the email address as a graphic so that it
>cannot be "harvested". If I include my contact information on my
>webpages as a clickable link rather than as a non-clickable graphic
>such as in WorldConnect, will it increase the spam I receive? Or does
>WC only need to do that because of the large volume it has? I don't
>want to be difficult to contact, but I don't want extra spam, either.
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I include a "subject=" in my e-mail links, and I don't seem to get that
much spam (or else my ISP filters it out); a friend theorized that the
Subject= faked the spambots into thinking it was a form or something,
thus not a real person would see it?

Ron Bauerle
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bauerle/

This thread: