Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-09 > 1158346349

From: Wilma Bacigalupo <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] File Extensions
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:52:29 -0700 (PDT)

While doing a final check of my web pages, I discovered a few that have the extension .HTM (in upper case) instead of .htm (in lower case). In links to those pages, I have used the upper case extension, and they seem to work OK. However, I am wondering if this will present problems down the road. Should I redo these with the lower case extension or is it OK to leave them as they are?

Also, I discovered I have a few images that are .png instead of .jpg or .gif. They seem to load and view OK on my browser but, again, will these present problems that I might have to deal with later? Should I redo them as .jpg?

Thanks so much for any insight you can give!

Wilma B.
Researching the Descendants
of Jacob Seif I in Morrow and
Crawford Counties in Ohio