Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2006-09 > 1158349716

From: "Judy Florian" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] File Extensions
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:48:36 -0400

I haven't had problems with any of these.

If you do decide to change the HTM to htm, it's easy. Re-name it by adding
a single letter or number to the file name. Now, open it, click save as,
and change the pesky HTM to htm but keep the first part the same.. Check
that it saved properly & all is ok on the page. Now delete the original
without the extra letter. Next, re-name the one you added the single
letter to, by taking out the single letter. You should now have the file
back to the name you wanted originally. Because you made it through
re-naming it, none of the links got broken (although you can double check
those).

pngs are harder so I don't bother re-doing. It means opening each,
re-saving each with jpg then re-inserting the jpgs into each web page,
re-checking links, re-doing the ALT tags..... sigh... LOL

Judy

--
~PRIMARY NAMES: ANTHONY, BAKER, FLOWERS, LANE, SEPTER~
Washington Co PA free Websites:

This thread: