Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-03 > 1173236467

From: Patricia Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Adding another family line to web site +how?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:01:07 -0500

At 09:48 PM 3/6/2007, Susan Sauve wrote:
>Hello Pat,
>Thanks for responding. How are separate folders made? Or do I just
>upload the new data to the current address? Or will that cause it to merge?
>Susan

If you are going to use one of the other directories, you
justupload/publish your site to it. I would create an entirely
separate website on my hard drive if you are going this route.

If instead, you just want to add a folder to the current site with
the new pages, you can just create the folder within they current web
and add your new pages to it. Then when you publish/upload your site,
upload that entire folder.

What you might want to do is make the index.html page of the root
directory, an index or table of contents of the site -

Example: http://www.family-genealogy-online.com/
Each of the family lines then resides in its own folder with its own index page
http://www.family-genealogy-online.com/Jewell/

The entire site is tied together thru the navigation both at the top
and on the left hand side.

pat

We discuss FrontPage and Expression Web
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gearyfamily/frontpage/