Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-04 > 1176178490

From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] Ian / was two questions
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 23:14:50 -0500

Hi Ian,
Yes, when we pay for the webspace we are free of the advertisements used by
ancestry.com..
But I have a question?? When you stop paying for your site will it stay on
the WWW?

I have a cousin who built his site the year before he died of cancer, his
site is still at rootsweb's freepages and that was about 5 years ago. Like
him I feel that all the work we do researching and and time it takes to
compile it, it needs to be put somewhere where it can be accessed for free
for ever....

So, it really is do we want to leave records for the generations to come or
?? I know of no other free website that will keep your website active even
after there has been no activity, for months much less years.

And, thank goodness we all like different sources of where to put our
websites...

By the way I have mine at http://www.gencircles too... More exposure!

THe two Questions have already been answered...

THank you
and Best regards to you
Nelda

Nelda's websites -
http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/

Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new
payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581

This thread: