Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-04 > 1176319408

From: "Ronald Colby" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Ian / was two questions
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:23:28 -0600

Judy
The key to this is this paragraph, note the word "submitted".
"It seems that any kind of name at all may be submitted," said Radkey from
Salt Lake City, where the Church is based. The IGI also accepts names for
rites that "seal" spouses in eternal marriage or parents and children in
eternal families.

The names have to be submitted by someone to have the Mormon rites done.
They do not just do it out of the blue.
And note it says the IGI.
Names and files submitted to Ancestral File and Pedigree Resource File have
nothing to do with the temple stuff.

Lots of names get submitted by over zealous members.

You need to contact the LDS Church and get it from them not from some
newspaper article. Most of the time these people who write them don't know
what they are talking about.

Sorry Pat for the off topic thread.

Ron