Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-04 > 1176467102

Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] FREEPAGES-HELP Digest, Vol 2, Issue 123
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:25:02 EDT

The problem with Word is it probably is creating the link incorrectly for
Free Pages. There is free software available for creating web pages. This is a
rather simple one, that works to do what you want, it even does tables as a
WYSIWYG [What you see is what you get.]
_http://members.aol.com/rjdriver/aolpress.htm_ (http://members.aol.com/rjdriver/aolpress.htm)

Alternately, this program is relatively cheap and does everything you might
want. It's made especially for using gedcoms. It looks really awesome - has
links to pages created with it - and only costs $29.

You wrote:

I like to create my web pages with Word 2003 and then upload onto freepages.
The pics show up as a empty square with a small red X in the upper left
corner of the empty square. What am I doing wrong for I have watched the
case, I have even uploaded those pics to the freepages site 1st then add to
my webpage in the making of the document and then upload entire document and
still nothing, make sure it is a jpg, gif, etc... and sometimes my
background don't show if they are not "plain janes". HELP?????

I can't afford Frontpage and I don't want a plain looking page for
everything.

Thanks,

Tanya Williamson