Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-07 > 1185050710

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Problems with Freepages account
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:45:10 -0500

I am also having problems logging on to
Freepages...I have been updating pages over the
past several days and have had no problems to now. Getting the following:

500 OOPS: could not open
chroot() list file:/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
ERROR:> Syntax error, command unrecognized.
COMMAND:> USER lawrpaul
ERROR:> Can't write to control socket. Socket error = #10053.

At 01:59 PM 7/21/2007, Rod Dav4is wrote:
>At least two major problems:
> 1. Something has gone wrong with a SSI function of setting and
> retrieving values, see these two pages:
> 1.
> see the topic "test limits of #SET"
> 2. All of my pages using that facility, e.g.
> All of that visible HTML should be a small table. Something
> has "processed" it, turning the less-than signs to &lt;
> making rendering as a table impossible.
> 2. Attempting to pluck the files back from the server to look at
> them, I find that my FTP client (FTPx) is unable to logon, with
> error message: 500 OOPS: could not open chroot() list
> file:/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
> I have no idea what that file might be.
>Regards, Rod Dav4is / P.O. Box 118 / Hyde Park, NY 12538 / USA
>Genealogy, et Cetera:
>479 ancestral & collateral families, mostly 17°-19° century
>New England & European roots. Total population: 116,500+
>Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
> -unknown
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an
>email to
>with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes
>in the subject and the body of the message

Paul E. Lawrence

My Genealogy web page is located at the following
Created by John Cardinal's Second Site

User of The Master Genealogist (TMG)

Member of the Roots User Group of Arlington, VA:

This thread: