Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-07 > 1185543437

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Framed Web Sites
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:37:17 -0400

At 08:46 PM 7/26/2007, Judy Florian wrote:
>1.) Is there a way to make File Manager have a button so the individual
>webmaster could toggle between the list by file SIZE (as it is now), to an
>ALPHA List of file names? Sometimes I like to highlight my whole list on
>File Man and paste it to a Txt file (to keep a record of all my pages).
>Moreso, it would make finding one file a whole lot easier.

File Manager is a very basic utility. It does not, and probably
never will provide a "sort" option. Most full featured FTP utilities
(WS_FTP, CuteFTP, Filezilla, etc.) allow you to sort on different
file attributes, as does Explorer,
http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~pasher/dragndrop.htm

>2). Sometimes whole files of images become inaccessible. Is there a
>common SERVER reason for this, if CaSe matches between links and file names,
>and the images are loaded to the correct folder? It doesn't happen to my
>pages all the time, just intermittently--- some weeks the images show, other
>weeks they don't.

Do you mean the folders don't show in File Manager? or on your
computer? If you want me to check your File Manager, write to me off list.

Pat

This thread: