Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-07 > 1185719572

From: "Judy Florian" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Background and text contrast
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:32:52 -0400

On 7/29/07, B.G. Wiehle <> wrote:

> Hello Nelda
> You included a link to your website in a recent post to the Freepages
> Mailing list.
>
> You may not be aware of it, but at least on my system (and probably most
> PCs), there is almost NO contrast between your background image and text
> colour.

I tried Nelda's http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/
I get an off green background and gold letters on IE6 and whatever browser
AOL uses. So I don't see any problem with reading Nelda's page.

This isn't meant as a personal criticism, but I wish there was a warning
notice at the top of webpages that use music and a way provided to turn off
the music. Also that music would have a delay set, long enough so users can
unplug their speakers or click off the sound on the PC. Nelda's music
selection is beautiful but I had my laptop connected to external speakers
and got unexpectedly blasted--LOL.

Judy

This thread: