Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-07 > 1185936895

From: "John Cardinal" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] my table on my page is way down the page HELP
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:54:55 -0400

Kenny Hedgpeth wrote:
> I see the text top center "Midi start & stop" but no music
> playing on my end "/
>
> ah ha .............
>
> finally I found someone who's using that code to block the
> "right click copy" on their web pages :)
>
> how you do that ? ? ?
>
> the issue of blocking peps from copy / paste of anothers
> published web data came up on another list that I am on
> ........... and I forgot where I had seen it before :)
>
> not that I would use it, as I practically give everything away ... LOL

Ken,

It's not really worth doing. Anyone can get around it easily. The browser's
will show all the images and allow them to be saved somewhere on the PC.

The browser has to download the assets (html, images, css, javascript,
whatever) to render the page. Once that happens, there's no way to prevent
someone who can see the page from saving any or all of it. Adding a
right-click handler may slow someone down for 2 seconds, but that's about
it. Meanwhile, the right-click handler gets in the way of legitimate uses of
the context menu, like opening a link in a new window, reloading the page,
or whatever is in the visitor's browser's context menu that they want to
use.

John

This thread: