Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-09 > 1190250620

From: Patricia Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:10:20 -0400

At 08:55 PM 9/19/2007, David McKie wrote:
>OK, I'm still Confused. Were do i create the HTML codes. do i use a
>notepad in windows and then save as HTML. and then uplaod them in
>the file manager. and what does it mean to have the first file named index.HTML

If you know how to write HTML code you can certainly use Notepad, if
not then you might try one of there free editors listed on the
righthand sidebar of

You might want to check out Pat Asher's page on Beginner html

and her page on naming files

You can certainly use the file manager to upload your files but as
your site grows it is a cumbersome way to publish your site so you
might want to download one of the free ftp programs to use in
publishing. I am using FileZilla and it is easy once you get it set
up. It can be downloaded from here

Pat Geary, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
We discuss FrontPage and Expression Web

Genealogy Web Design Tips and Tutorials - Blog

This thread: