Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-09 > 1190634299

From: Patricia Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Doc type in Frontpage
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:44:59 -0400

At 11:23 PM 9/23/2007, Sarah wrote:
>I am experimenting using several different programs to create my
>pages in to see what I like best. I am trying to use Frontpage 2002
>and it seems to be going well, but does anyone know how I insert
>what Document type it is into the beginning of the page? If anyone
>uses Frontpage and can point me in the right direction that would be
>great! Thanks!

See if this helps

http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/html-document-structure.html

http://www.htmlbasictutor.ca/doctype-declaration.htm

Set up a basic template with all of the correct basic coding and use
it to start each new page. It could include your masthead, your
navigation system and your footer. If you are using fp, you can use
fp includes or server side includes. You can use server side includes
with other programs.
If you are going to use fp, you may want to join the fp list if you
are not already a member.

pat

Pat Geary, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
We discuss FrontPage and Expression Web