Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-09 > 1190658539

From: Sarah <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Doc type in Frontpage
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

What do I do if I get the error " This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!" when I try to validate it?

Judy Florian <> wrote: Transitional - loose is the most forgiving.

If you are adding it to existing pages...
Copy this
"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" " ">
take out all the dots so it starts with < bracket ! exclamation point
Paste it into your webpage, at the very, very top and before anything else and before the opening HTML tag.

Helps to make a template with the Doctype and whatever else you always use.

On 9/23/07, Sarah <> wrote: I am experimenting using several different programs to create my pages in to see what I like best. I am trying to use Frontpage 2002 and it seems to be going well, but does anyone know how I insert what Document type it is into the beginning of the page? If anyone uses Frontpage and can point me in the right direction that would be great! Thanks!

Washington County PA Websites: