Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-09 > 1190658539

From: Sarah <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Doc type in Frontpage
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

What do I do if I get the error " This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!" when I try to validate it?

Judy Florian <> wrote: Transitional - loose is the most forgiving.

If you are adding it to existing pages...
Copy this
<.......!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd ">
take out all the dots so it starts with < bracket ! exclamation point
Paste it into your webpage, at the very, very top and before anything else and before the opening HTML tag.

Helps to make a template with the Doctype and whatever else you always use.

On 9/23/07, Sarah <> wrote: I am experimenting using several different programs to create my pages in to see what I like best. I am trying to use Frontpage 2002 and it seems to be going well, but does anyone know how I insert what Document type it is into the beginning of the page? If anyone uses Frontpage and can point me in the right direction that would be great! Thanks!

--
Washington County PA Websites:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~florian/