Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-09 > 1190731192

From: "the cohens" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Two questions - 1. back button on browsers & 2 Robots
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:39:52 -0700

Answering Ron's answer to Judy Florian, about back buttons getting
disabled and webpages popping back up again.

I saw some code at http://netmechanic.com/ you can put into an
external link ( href tag) so that when site visitors visit other sites
you link to, it opens up a new window so they can come back to you
easily when done with that. The code at the end of an href tag is
"target=0", including the quotes.

Is this what might be doing that? I just tried it out on my resources
page and hope it doesn't do that to people. I know my relatives
struggle with their back buttons, hunting for their "favorites lists",
and decided to try it to see if it would be helpful. If it's a
nuisance, then I need to remove it.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~thecohens/resources.html

How about posting the url of a site that does that to you so we can
examine the code?

I also know that some browsers will unload pages when too many
windows are open. Could that be what's happening to you?

This thread: