Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2007-12 > 1197742163

From: "TinaClarke" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Best information?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:09:23 -0000

> Where can I get the best information about getting a web host? Need a
> beginner FAQ.
>
> And, where can I read about transferring a domain? A friend is not happy
> with his web host--a local outfit who provides no tech help--so he wants
> find a new place for his domain name & website. I don't know what to tell
> him.
>
> Judy

Go to namecheap.com get an account ... use their set up to transfer the
domain ... you just have to make sure its not 'locked' on the host end ....
namecheap does the work of bring it across you email them if you have any
problems .... they are very helpful and a very decent price...

http://www.dncoupons.com/namecheap.php this a coupon but i think its only
for new domains ... not sure but u can try it.

this might help on ideas on what to look for when choosing a host, it was
written as part of publishing a site with fp02 but I include what to do
before you get that point which includes host and domain shopping .. some
details might be out of date.
http://accessfp.net/publishing-2002.htm

Tina
N ew Fr*ee Launching a WordPress Blog Ebook
http://any-expression.com/web-design/wordpress-ebook.htm

This thread: