Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-01 > 1199200630

From: "Jenny M. Calvin" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] new & need help
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:17:10 -0600

Hi Pati,

I use SiteSpinner (bought it on eBay fairly inexpensively) and I am very
pleased with it. It is a WYSIWYG program that also allows you to see the
code if you want to. I am a heretic and have no desire to learn HTML code
at this time. :-) It has one glitch with Freepages (banner placement) that
we had to sort out, but with the help of the wonderful people on this list
(esp. Barry Carlson) and the SiteSpinner Help Forum, I now have a simple
solution for it.

There are some great tutorials out there. Even if you don't learn code, you
still need to know things about how to size pictures for best results, etc.
I recommend looking at several different people's genealogy websites to get
ideas for layout and to see what you like and don't like.

Hope this helps!

Jenny
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jennycalvin/index.html
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~jennycalvin/index.html