Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-01 > 1201417802

From: "Judy Florian" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Multiple Accounts
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:10:02 -0500

Pat G. gave a good answer. But just to add.... Yes she was likely refused
because she had an account, but she probably did not understand that ONE
account can have (I think) NINE "categories" or directories--each can be a
separate website all with the same ~account-name.

So now YOU have ONE account with the chance to make NINE webs, if you
choose.

And your sister in her account has the SAME number as you.

That's a lot of webs to make---LOL !

Most people (with one account) use these categories (webs) most frequently:
_genealogy
_family
_history

Visit RW File Manager and you'll see the different categories / directories.

Hope this makes better sense of the "refusal" your sister got.

Judy

On 1/26/08, MSimms <> wrote:

> Last August, my sister applied for a Freepages account in the
> school-alumni directory and was turned down because she had an account
> in the genealogy directory. The only information on the application that
> was the same for both was her name. Email address was new, as well.
> Then, I applied for the same school-alumni account and was accepted
> changing only the name of the applicant. I used my name but the same
> email address, page title, description, etc. she had used when her
> request was rejected.
>
> It's no big deal since we work on both websites. Just a little confusing.

This thread: