Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-04 > 1208604308

From: Patricia Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Google indexing problems
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:25:08 -0400

At 06:35 AM 4/19/2008, Linda wrote:

>I have upwards of 1300 pages on my website, and until very recently, in the
>region of 1200 were indexed. It has now reduced to about 400, and is still

Results 1 - 10 of about 997 from

Results 1 - 10 of about 297 from

Rootsweb/ancestry is using a 301 permanent redirect from the rootsweb
url to the rootsweb.ancestry url. It is a redirect that google
accepts so eventually the index will sort itself out. the site check
I did shoes 997 of the new url already indexed by Google

You might want to consider adding page titles that mean something as
the title rather than the file name and on some of the page I looked
at, you are pointing to files on your hard drive.

Pat Geary, Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
We discuss FrontPage and Expression Web

Genealogy Web Design Tips and Tutorials - Blog

This thread: