Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1217891496

From: Pat Asher <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Error 553
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:11:36 -0400

At 04:24 PM 8/4/2008, you wrote:

>Pat & Barry,
>First I tried Barry's suggestion but still got the error message of
>553 worded as below:
>
>the file 'genealogy_html/bjorn_lynne-a_lifetime_of_moments.txt'
>exists on destation server but does not exhist in the current web.
>Would you like FrontPage to remove it from 'Root Web' .....

Nelda,

The "current web" is the "web" you have set up on your computer in
FrontPage. Apparently you have named it "Root Web" instead of "RootsWeb".

>now I went into file manager and removed the mid file... I removed
>it from the software. and tried up loading I still get but it now reads:
>
>the file 'index.htm' exists on destation server but does not exhist
>in the current web. Would you like FrontPage to remove it from 'Root Web' .....
>
>of course I'm not removing my index page ... have either of you
>looked at the message I get about it not being there?? notice the
>incorrect rootsweb name of root web.... could that be a problem??

This message from Front Page about your "web" is not (or should not
be) the same as the 553 error message.

The 553 error message means the file name (or type) is not allowed on
the server. Are you trying to upload a .mid file by changing the
file extension to .txt ?

As Barry suggested, someone on the Front Page list may be able to
help you with your "web".

Pat

This thread: