Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219182034

From: "the cohens" <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Server Move
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:40:34 -0700

What I did to enable "passive transfer" (whatever it is) was simply
type the word "passive" from my command line FTP client. That put my
client into Passive mode, where it stayed the rest of the session. I
do not know yet if I have to type it next time, or if it will save the
setting.

You don't need to worry about it unless you have problems uploading
files like I did. I simply had never used that as a setting or
option before.

On 8/19/08, Jill Muir <> wrote:
> Hi Joan,
> Can you please explain 'passive transfer'? Many thanks
>
> Kind regards,
> Jill

This thread: