Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219282586

From: "mike john" <>
Subject: [FreeHelp] FTP
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 02:36:26 +0100

When I started my website 10 years ago, I was sent the server address, my username and password, which I added to the relevent boxes in my FTP software, and I was away, thats how easy it was.

I must say I am trying to get someone to explain in simple language that basic P.C users can understand, what you need to do to configure our FTP software so we can carry on updating websites, but all I am getting is links to advanced computer language that I dont understand.

I do apologise for not understanding the sophisticated language used by someone with an I.T degree. but I thought this mailing list was to Help those with FREEPAGES website, maybe there is a list for basic users like me.

This change of Servers is going to cause a lot of problems, unless someone can explain the change and what to do about it, and make it more easier to understand.

Mike

This thread: