Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219430956

From: Patricia Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] Uploading Problems
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:49:16 -0400

At 02:33 PM 8/22/2008, wrote:
>Does anyone know how to set the passive mode in Kompozer?

There forum indicates the default is Passive Mode and it cannot be
changed to active. Not used it so will wait to see what others say.
If anyone wants to send me a screenshot of the setting on some of the
other ftp programs, I will be glad to add them to my ftp article.

now have WS_FTP
http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/tutorials/step-by-step-instructions.htm

and
FileZilla
http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/tutorials/filezilla-instructions.htm

I will update them both to include that they need to be set to
Passive transfer.

If you want to write up something like this for YOUR ftp client, I
will be happy to post it with your name and a link to your site.

If you already have one written and posted, let me know and I will link to it.

PLEASE SEND THESE TO ME OFFLIST to patgeary (at) comcast.net

Pat

Pat Geary
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/
http://www.genealogy-computer-tips.com/

Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Class and Ebook starts August 30th
http://starttoweb.com/classes/fp-ew.php

This thread: