Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219465216

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] To Randy
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:20:16 +1200

"Judy Florian" <>
On Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:56 PM (UTC+12)

> Randy,
>
> Could you post an update about the server moves / problems for both
> freepages and rootsweb accounts?
>
> I could ftp to my rootsweb account yesterday but today it has a "425"
> and references a port address--could not route to server. I'm on
> Frontpage2000 and I've never found an option for "passive". Never had
> trouble before.
------------------
Judy

Frontpage 2000 doesn't have a "passive mode". In fact I believe that all FP
versions up to and including ver 8 haven't a "passive mode". The later
versions that have been packed a part of MS Office will have the "passive
mode" which can be turned on or off by:-

Opening the Remote Web Site Properties dialog box and either
select or unselect the Passive FTP box.

FileZilla (as has been suggested) seems to be a good substitute.

Barry

This thread: