Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219479730

From: Barry Carlson <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] FTP settings - KompoZer
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:22:10 +1200

On Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:32 PM (UTC+12) I wrote:-

> Well I have finally sorted the problem!
>
> After setting up the initial FTP settings either in File - "Publish As" or
> Edit - "Publishing Site Settings", load the file you wish to publish and
> Click on the "Publish" icon.
>
> In the new dialogue box the Site Name:, Page Title: and Filename: will
> automatically appear.
>
> The next box is "Site Subdirectory for this Page" - Leave BLANK.
>
> Tick the "Include images and other files box and select the "Use this site
> subdirectory" radio button.
> Insert the name of the sub directory(s) you wish to create in the field
> below, then Click the "Publish" button.
-------------------------

Well, it seems that I was wrong. I had in fact created the new Directory
with my AceFTP 3Pro ftp client and the file had been loaded to that
Directory from the KompoZer FTP.

So, after a bit more research, I have come to the conclusion that it is not
possible to create a new sub Directory using the KompoZer FTP. This seems
to make the built in FTP rather redundant. A better view of your Local and
Hosted sites, creation of Directories, a "Passive Mode" connection and
bi-directional transfer of files can be had using FileZilla.

The best description of what the KompoZer Publishing Client can or can not
do can be found at:-

http://www.charlescooke.me.uk/web/ugs10.htm

and a link to to the FileZilla FTP client software can be found here:-

http://filezilla-project.org

Barry

This thread: