Freepages-Help-L Archives

Archiver > Freepages-Help > 2008-08 > 1219668348

From: Patricia Geary <>
Subject: Re: [FreeHelp] trouble with ftp of updates since server upgrade
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:45:48 -0400

At 08:01 AM 8/25/2008, Lucinda Blankenship wrote:
>I have been unsuccessful as well with trying to ftp changes to my site since
>the server upgrade. I am using Frontpage 2000. Says the website is not
>found or something like that. Sorry-neglected to write down the exact
>wording. Any suggestions? I was able to go the filemanager and upload a
>couple of small things, however it isn't working as well as I would like
>(missing a picture on one page, not showing I uploaded a change to another
>page) Here's the web address for my site:
>

>http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cindyblankenship/index.htm

At this time RootsWeb supports only passive ftp upload. Early
versions of FrontPage (before ver 2003) by default use active and it
can NOT be changed. Randy is going to try and turn it back on but not
immediately. You will need to use a 3rd party ftp program like FileZilla.

My uploads appear to work with or without the ancestry par added.

More available here

http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/tutorials/filezilla-instructions.htm

and here

http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/tutorials/step-by-step-instructions.htm

pat

Pat Geary
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
http://www.genealogy-web-creations.com/
http://www.genealogy-computer-tips.com/

Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Class and Ebook starts August 30th
http://starttoweb.com/classes/fp-ew.php

This thread: